As we all look forward to the pies and thighs of Thanksgiving, I wanted to find a way to spread gratitude beyond that Thursday and into the whole month.
Welcome to the Challenge!:
So Fun Friday on the Insights Blog will have a gratitude takeover starting today and will continue each Friday this month presenting you with a new challenge each week to express gratitude. Each challenge will have a theme to follow.
This challenge will be small, but powerful. I’m hoping we can share our stories on social to spread gratitude and help others feel good about helping others feel good. Those positive feelings are contagious and I want to spread them (instead of COVID, haha). Before we can into today’s challenge, let’s learn more about what gratitude can do for us…
The word “gratitude” derives from the Latin “gratia” meaning grace and thankful appreciation. Gratitude goes beyond that though, as there have been a handful of studies in the past 5 years in the neuroscience community that shows gratitude can:
- lessen symptoms of anxiety and depression
- lower blood pressure
- strengthen your immune system
- increase personal happiness
- build strong relational bonds
Today’s Challenge: Time
The challenge today is to give someone some time.
- Call a family member you care about and tell them you are thinking about them
- Put down your phone and play with your children
- Give your partner a whole minute hug and tell them you love them
- Give a moment to hold the door open for someone
- Stop and ask a neighbor how they are doing outside (or introduce yourself if you don’t know them)
- Volunteer your time for a cause or to help with a local initiative like Toys for Tots or Big Brothers Big Sisters.
How else can you give your time? Share with us on social how you completed this challenge. I look forward to hearing <3
Please share this post so we can spread gratitude as much as possible. We all need it now more than ever!